Thursday, October 1, 2015

7 Letters

Anyway, I just watched the 7 letters with my bro this morning. Thought I wouldn't cry at the last one but I still did. My bro, too. I've never watched any movie twice but I'm glad I did for this one.
The stories which didn't leave a deep impression before now did.

Now, I feel the Indian guy's struggle and admire the Indian lady's courage to stand up to her father-in-law because of a Flame (title of film) in her, not wanting her unborn child to be a 2nd class citizen in another country. "Home is the journey back to oneself." quotes K Rajahgopal the filmmaker.

Title of next film - Pineapple town. Why did that mom go to all that trouble to find her daughter's birth mother? I realised it was to let her know her roots. "We are what we know." quotes Tan Pin Pin the filmmaker. I like the last part, clever technique of presenting the vantage point of someone in a moving vehicle watching as the little girl had a photo taken beside the big pineapple sculpture - as if her birth mom was in the car watching as it zoomed past.

After watching 7 letters, my bro says it brought back not only memories but nostalgic feelings that warm the heart.

No comments: